Seller's Name: Janet Busick Address: PO Box 15 City, State, Zip: Gibson City, IL 60936-0015 Phone: 217-249-3243 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(The Seller) _____________________________________________________ and (The Buyer) _____________________________________________________ voluntarily and of their own free will will have signed and agreed to this legally binding Contract, which is hereby in effect as of _________________________________.
1. SOLO GLIDER Under no condition will a glider be sold to be a single glider. If a single glider is purchased they must be in one of the following situations: A: There is/are glider(s) in the home that the glider will be introduced to within an appropriate amount of time (no greater than 60 days). If the introduction is unsuccessful The Buyer will contact The Seller immediately for a consultation. B: Buyer has intentions to purchase another glider to be paired with the current glider. This MUST be done within 3 months of the contracted-specified glider entering The Buyer's possession. If the gliders specified in this contract are already a family group or colony, they are NOT to be separated under any conditions other than those deemed medically necessary.
2. BREEDING AND NEUTERING If 2 gliders are purchased and are brother/sister relations and it intended for them to be cage mates, then the male must be neutered by 3 months of age. No exceptions. If a sugar glider is being sold for any other reason strictly as a non-breeder The Buyer MUST initial the Non-Breeding Agreement as well.
NON-BREEDING AGREEMENT: Please initial below if the glider(s) is being bought with with the intention of not being bred. By initialing and dating, The Buyer agrees that the bought glider(s) will never be allowed to breed intentionally or accidentally. The Buyer acknowledges doing otherwise is a full breech of this adoption contract. The Buyer agrees to abide by this agreement regarding the specified sugar glider(s). Any violations and/or breech of this private agreement will result in all of the following fines: 1) $500 fine for each breeding breech; 2) A minimum of $500 (or depending on the current market value) of EACH offspring that which results in the unauthorized breeding. Fines are due and payable immediately. The Buyer is responsible for all legal expenses if the above described animal is bred while this private agreement is in effect. Ownership and physical possession of of the specified sugar glider(s), the mate of the specified sugar glider, and all offspring shall immediately revert to The Seller listed on this contract, with no compensation to The Buyer.
PLEASE SEND PROOF OF NEUTERING OF PET MALES WHEN DONE.
Buyer's Initials / Date _________________________________________________________
BREEDING AGREEMENT: Please initial below if the glider(s) is being bought with the intention to breed. By initialing and dating, I agree that the bought glider(s) will be bred with care, will not be allowed to inbreed, or be bred to a rescued or re-homed sugar glider. Lineage of the intended mate must be researched carefully in order to prevent any form of inbreeding, including Line Breeding.
Buyer's Initials / Date _______________________________________________________
3. SPECIFIED OWNER It is understood that families and households are made up of many members. However, this contract is between the household member specified as The Buyer and The Seller. The Buyer shall not be under the age of 18 (parents can sign the contract and be the responsible party). If necessary, a written letter of approval must be submitted by a landlord.
4. FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL If for any reason The Buyer decides to sell or give away the glider(s) at any time in its lifetime The Seller MUST be contacted. The Seller must approve the new home. The seller reserves the right to have the glider(s) returned (at The Buyer's expense) rather than having the glider(s) sent to a new home. Buyer's Initials / Date: _____________________________________________________
5. CAGE SIZE AND DIET I offer some excellent options of large cages to choose from in my handout to build or buy (5 ft. or taller flight cages and a PVC cage with landware cloth). Sugar gliders must be kept in large cages for their own happiness and as a breeder I want to ensure my babies are healthy and happy.
There are a number of sugar glider approved diets available. All are listed in my handout. I feed HPW Original and would prefer that my babies continue to be fed this good diet. They must be on a nutritionally sound diet along with fruits, vegetables, and mealworms.
6. DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS Deposits are non-refundable if The Buyer decides for any reason to not purchase glider(s). If any information is incorrect in the screening application or for any reason The Buyer is dishonest about ANYTHING in the pre-purchasing screening then The Seller has the right to not sell the sugar glider(s) and deposit will not be refunded.
A 50% deposit (or an amount negotiated separately, and mutually agreed upon, specified below) is required to hold a joey. If The Seller is unable to complete the sale for any reason (such as the glider becomes ill, etc.) then deposit and any payments made will be refunded immediately. Full payment must be completed by the time the joey is weaned and ready for a new home, unless other payment terms are mutually agreed upon, specified below. This is generally at the age of 8 weeks OOP but can be extended to 10 weeks OOP if The Seller deems the joey is not ready to leave the parents.
The Seller cannot ship. It is preferred to meet with potential new joey owners in my home. I have a 250 + page handout I like to go over and give potential owners.
7. CONTRACT BREECH If contract is breeched The Buyer will have 30 days to rectify the situation before legal action is initiated. In the case where legal action is required to be initiated by The Seller, The Buyer agrees to pay all of The Seller's legal expenses. Any breech of contract that results in glider(s) being returned to The Seller they will be transported safely at The Buyer's expense.
8. HEALTH GUARANTEE All joeys leave The Seller healthy and happy but in order to qualify for a 7 day health guarantee the glider(s) must be seen by a glider knowledgeable vet within 72 hours of adoption (The Buyer picking up the glider(s) ). NO EXCEPTIONS will be given to this rule under any circumstances. If for any reason the glider passes away within the 7 day time frame a necropsy must be performed at The Buyer's expense. If the necropsy determines beyond doubt that the glider's death was not related to accidental injury, improper diet/nutrition, improper handling, failure to quarantine properly, or inadequate living conditions resulting from something that happened while the glider was under The Buyer's care, The Buyer will receive a full refund (including deposit) or credit towards a new glider, and costs of vet care and necropsy will be reimbursed by The Seller.
Terms of Health Guarantee: Buyer's Initials / Date: _______________________________
SPECIFIC TERMS AGREED UPON BETWEEN BUYER AND SELLER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE SUGAR GLIDER(S) SPECIFIED BELOW:
Glider(s) - Names May Be Changed But I Need To Know So I Can Add To TPG Database: General Description: Color, Gender, Oop Date, Parents